The influence of Social Media like Facebook and Instagram has twofold in our daily life interpreting the Suitability of Facebook and Instagram in Business. Good things about social media are- it ensures the easier communication for the people and business organization around the world, professional people can build a relationship with big companies and other professional people, a business can advertise their products to their target audience, young people are getting more opportunity to socialize themselves with others. In terms of negative influence, social media is a cause of risks associated with online communities. Social media is responsible for online bullying, online harassment, hacking, and online scam it also hampers personal productivity and damages the relationship. People should use the right strategies to tackle the negative impacts of social media and always secured their computer system. In this study, the researcher analyzes the pros and cons of social media in different sectors, security issues, and how business organizations can use social media to expand their business.
Suitability of Facebook and Instagram in business
As social media both Facebook and Instagram can be useful for business. Today, the businessman is optimizing the different types of social media for creating connections with customers and increase sales. There is a variety of reasons for which Facebook and Instagram are suitable in business.
- Facebook and Instagram are very effective tools for product promotion.
- Facebook and Instagram provide an opportunity to advertise online.
- Customers’ reviews, likes, and comments increase the sales of a product or service.
- Facebook and Instagram help companies to reach a maximum number of customers.
- Social media is very much suitable for business to customer (B2C) communication.
- Social media helps to create positive word of mouth about a product and services.
- Social media especially Facebook and Instagram create brand awareness among the customers.
- Social media is suitable for business because it can be used for business communication.
- With the help of social media companies can give and broadcast reviews of its product and service.
Comparison between Facebook and Instagram
There are different types of social media available with different features. Over the last decades, numerous social media have appeared in the market. There is intense competition among the various types of social media. The basis of the competition is the features, applications, and services of social media. However, in this section, we have tried to make a distinction between the two popular social media such as Facebook and Instagram.
Currently, Facebook occupied the number one position among all social media with more than 2.5 billion users. Facebook founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and his associates. Facebook was established with a view to communicating with a friend of Harvard University. But later on, this media has gained popularity outside the university and gradually to the world. Facebook has connected different types of people from a diversified part of the world to a single platform. Today, Facebook is not only a platform of social gathering but also it is widely used as a means of business, marketing, education, healthcare, etc. This online platform has provided a lot of features for its users and continuously trying to include new features for its users.
Features of Facebook: Facebook is very much popular with its users because of its diversified and useful features. The following features are available in social media.
- Facebook is a platform for making friendship and connectivity.
- Facebook has given the opportunity to its users to open a free Facebook account.
- With the Facebook account, one can easily manage his personal profile.
- Facebook facilitates its user to exchange feelings and opinions through different modes such as giving status, comments, and messages.
- Facebook also allows its user to exchange messages instantly through its messenger.
- Facebook is very user friendly because it is available in different versions such as android, windows, and iOS, etc.
- One can easily use Facebook through smartphones or tabs.
- Facebook allows its user to upload and share photos with others.
- Facebook has given the opportunity to boost product or service advertisements.
- Facebook allows it users to communicate with others through videoconferencing without any cost.
- Applications of Facebook: The applications of Facebook are diversified in nature. Currently, Facebook is using for various purposes. Though Facebook is very much suitable for personal use but current applications of Facebook are not only limited to personal use but also for other applications such as business and community.
Instagram is also a popular social media after Facebook and Twitter. Instagram was launched in 2010. Instagram is very much popular with its users for photo and video sharing. Instagram was founded by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. Currently, Instagram is owned by Facebook Inc. Initially, Instagram was available only iOS version but later android version has been introduced. Currently, more than 1 billion people using Instagram across the globe.
Features of Instagram: Instagram has raised too rapidly due to its unique features. The following are the key features of Instagram are narrated.
- Instagram is very much suitable for sharing photos with friends and others.
- Instagram allows its user to edit photo Realtime online.
- Instagram allows users to share photos in different modes.
- Instagram users can manage their own photo archives.
- Instagram given the opportunity to use selfie stickers in the photo.
- Instagram does not allow it, users, to directly download or save the photo.
- Users of Instagram can exchange information through messages.
- Users can boost up their post with pay.
- Instagram allows its user to give video posts.
Applications of Instagram: People can use Instagram for a variety of reasons. Instagram is very much applicable for individual use. People can share their pictures with others. Instagram can also be suitable for business. Businessmen can easily upload the picture of their product and services and offered to customers.
Is social media site a communication tool?
Yes, I do believe that social media sites are the most useful communication tools. People are widely using social media for communication purposes. The justification for my arguments is presented below.
- Social media allows users to communicate with friends, relatives, and clients.
- The different features of social media are developed by giving priority to communication. These features include chat, comments, audio, and video conferencing (Subramanian, 2017).
- Social media allows people to communicate with each other from different geographic regions.
- Social media enables users to communicate very quickly.
- There are some social media specially developed for communication such as WhatsApp, Messenger, etc.
- Some social media has been developed to share and broadcast videos to reach a large number of people which is also communication.
Social media facilitates communication in every aspect of our life. therefore, we can say that it is a wonderful platform for communication.
Overall, the advantage of social media is increasing widely and the expansion of usage of it is tremendous because business people are using social media for their product promotion and other so many options. Still, it has some challenges, and it could be recovered by creating awareness while using social media account because security maintenance is essential for all users.
- Ahn, J. 2011. The Effect Of Social Network Sites On Adolescents’ Social And Academic Development: Current Theories And Controversies. Journal Of The American Society For Information Science And Technology, 62, 1435-1445.
- Al-Deen, H. S. N. & Hendricks, J. A. 2011. Social Media: Usage And Impact, Lexington Books.
- Lim, X. J., Radzol, A. M., Cheah, J. & Wong, M. 2017. The Impact Of Social Media Influencers On Purchase Intention And The Mediation Effect Of Customer Attitude. Asian Journal Of Business Research, 7, 19-36.
- Richardson, P., Choong, P. & Parker, M. Social Media Marketing Strategy. 2015 Business Research Consortium Of Western New York,
- Subramanian, K. R. 2017. Influence Of Social Media In Interpersonal Communication. International Journal Of Scientific Progress And Research, 38, 70-75.
Email: [email protected]