Brief Question (Innovation in Engineering):
Innovation in Engineering is an essential activity required to ensure technology continues to move forward. Products, processes and services require engineers to initiate ideas and develop concepts. Engineers solve problems and provide solutions to needs, many of which meet the demands of society.
This assignment requires you to think of a new or an adaptation of an existing product, process or service, which will meet a problem within society. This is a wide remit, but could include:
- Encouraging the uptake of engineering amongst the young
- Improving health or the uptake of sport
- Meeting a global problem related to resources
- Improving communication or modes of transport
- Improvement of a process or service